We are very excited to announce that the NAFC Education Foundation has very generously allowed Blessings to become the sole beneficiary of the Pigs 4 Kids fundraiser this year! You may have seen these cute little piggy banks around town in local businesses in November and December over the last few years.
We are looking for “artists” to decorate our ceramic piggy banks. No experience necessary, just a love of helping kids and willingness to get crafty!
Here’s how it works:
- Anyone interested in designing a piggy bank can get more details by checking out the links below to the informational flyers which include photos of past creative piggies! Questions? Call Tyler Bliss at 812-542-2228 or email at tbliss@NAFCEdFoundation.org.
- Once signed up, the artist will go to Earth & Fire, 4212 Charlestown Rd., New Albany where they will have the piggy banks and painting supplies needed, free of charge.3. They also offer “Pottery to Go” kits so you can take your project home and work on it. After painting is complete, the artist will bring the pig back to the store to have it baked in the kiln.
- Once painted, the pigs may be left at Earth & Fire, or if the artist wants to add embellishments — clothes? hats? glasses? beads? — after being baked in the kiln, it may be dropped off at the Education Foundation office at 2813 Grant Line Rd., New Albany, IN.
- Pigs must be completed and turned in by October 21st!
- Get your creative juices flowing by thinking of a theme to build your pig around. Be as imaginative as possible and have fun!
- Once the pigs are completed, we will place in local businesses to collect donations for Blessings in November and December. The pigs will then be auctioned off at the NAFC Education Celebration in March 2017 to raise more money for Blessings!
This is a great way to help our program meet our annual fundraising goal of $160,000 and make sure Floyd County is a hunger-free zone for the nearly 2,000 kids who don’t have enough to eat on the weekend.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR PROGRAM!